Keeping your home warm and secure through autumn and winter in Canada can be tricky—but not with the proper front entry door.
With their higher insulation values and durability, fibreglass doors are a smart, long-term investment for your home.
While there are many different door options out there, fibreglass doors meet the most needs of people looking to replace their front door.
What makes fibreglass doors so great? Read on and you’ll see for yourself!
1. Easy to Maintain
When compared to steel and wood doors, fibreglass doors require very little maintenance to keep up appearance and functionality.
- Smudges or marks can be easily removed by wiping the surface with soap and water
- They’re built tougher than other door types, and are more durable in harsh climates
- They resist denting, which can be problematic with aluminum or metal doors
- Fibreglass won’t rust, buckle, bubble, peel, or warp
- Their good condition lasts longer than other doors
2. Beautiful & Versatile
Thanks to recent technology, fibreglass doors don’t actually look like fibreglass. Instead, they boast an attractive aesthetic that can mimic that of more expensive timber or steel entry doors.
Fibreglass entry doors are often painted, stained, and designed to look just like luxurious wood. Plus, they’re easily customizable and can be manufactured to match your home’s exterior and updated to match your existing aesthetic at any time.
That way, you can stand out from your neighbours and always be on top of the latest curb appeal trends.
Here is a sampling of the customizable features available with fibreglass:
- Varying finishes (wood finish, paint, etc.)
- Paneled options
- And more!
3. Energy-Efficient & Eco-Friendly
Aside from being some of the most durable doors on the market, fibreglass doors can also help you save energy (and money!).
Since they are great heat insulators, fibreglass doors actually help regulate your home’s interior temperature. By keeping warm air inside on cooler days, and cold air inside on warmer days, you will always be comfortable regardless of the weather.
Lastly, fibreglass doors are eco-friendly because they’re made of synthetic material, meaning you’ll forgo wood manufacturing and help keep trees healthy and undisturbed.
4. Resistant to Damage
Its strong, durable materials make these doors extremely resistant to all kinds of damages.
That way, if you’re away from home for extended periods of time, you’ll rest easy knowing your home is secure with a fibreglass door.
When it comes to resisting damage, fibreglass doors can…
- Resist an intruder’s physical force (as well as steel can!)
- Avoid water damage
- Resist cracks, rotting, and more
- Withstand extreme weather conditions
For nearly 30 years, contractors have trusted fibreglass materials to build doors for homes.
And during that time, fibreglass has become known as the top entry door replacement choice by homeowners throughout Canada and North America time and again.
Why You’ll Love Your Fibreglass Door From Fasada
There are countless benefits to choosing a door constructed from this unique material, here are just a few:
- It is nearly impossible to tell the difference between these and real wood doors
- They can be customized to any size you like
- They can be ordered stained to look like real wood or painted to match your décor
- They provide great insulation value
Ready to Enhance Your Home’s Security and Comfort?
If you’re ready to make the switch to fibreglass doors for your home, we’re ready to help.
Give us a call and find out for yourself why so many of our customers in the greater Toronto area have made the switch to fibreglass, and how we can help you, too.