(Good choice, by the way).
Simple, easy-to-care for maintenance
- Cleaning vinyl shutters is quick and easy. All you need is a damp cloth or soft towel and run it across each slat. And once your vinyl shutters are installed, you don’t need to polish, paint, or stain them.
Something to last a very long time
- Weather in Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Hamilton can be tough. Modern vinyl shutters are built to resist harsh wind, cold temperatures and searing heat for years to come.
- Compared to other materials (such as wood and metal), vinyl shutters are relatively affordable. It’s an ideal choice to beautify your home without going over your set budget.
Resistance against moisture
- Because of vinyl’s moisture-resistant properties, it’s a smart option for rooms with higher-than-normal levels of moisture (bathrooms, laundry rooms, kitchens). This also minimizes their risk of suffering water damage due to heavy rains or flooding.
Easy to manufacture
- Vinyl shutters can be designed, manufactured, delivered, and installed quicker than their metal or wood counterparts. That means you can have your brand new shutters up on your house in no time flat.
Choose wood shutters if you’re looking for…
- There’s something to be said about the look and feel of wood window shutters. Compared to other homes in your neighbourhood, yours will definitely stand out (and increase overall home value too) with a collection of wood shutters.
- Summer weather is sunny and hot. Winter weather is cold and damp. No matter what Mother Nature throws at them, window shutters will protect your home from it. And as an added bonus, you can adjust them to let varying amounts of fresh air enter your home.
- You can go with a traditional brown colour for your wood shutters. Or you can paint them (literally) any colour you want. Yellow. Pink. Red. Blue. The choice is yours.
- Like the vinyl shutters mentioned earlier in this blog, wood shutters require very little maintenance. In fact, you don’t even need the bare essentials of soap and water. A periodic dusting is all that’s really needed.
Safety and security
- Wood shutters are very difficult for a burglar to force open. They don’t really bend or break and will serve as a deterrent for any would-be thief.
Some things you should consider before making your decision
Beyond the material, here are some other elements you should keep in mind:
- The space you’re looking to cover: Measure the window you want to cover and find a vinyl or wood shutter which fits that space and matches your budget and décor choices.
- Interior or exterior: Shutters is a bit of a catch-all term. But external shutters go outside your home and internal shutters are for the inside. For example, you may not like the look of exterior shutters, but love how interior shutters compliment your style.
- Louvers: The louvers are the shutter slats which open and close to let light in. If you want to allow lots of light inside, you’ll want large louvers. If you want less light in your home, smaller, thinner louvers are the way to go.
Wood or vinyl. You can’t go wrong
No matter what material you choose for your home, you’ll end up with a great product that will provide beauty and value for years to come.
And if you need more help choosing, we’re happy to offer it.
Contact us with your questions or comments. We’ll get back ASAP with the answers you need.
Already have something in mind? Request a FREE quote today.